10 Ways To Improve Your Sexual Health
There are various ways you can improve your sexual health. Find out ten strategies for having or promoting a good sexual life. 8mg is a telemedicine company that provides accessible healthcare to people. Schedule a consultation online, and order your drugs.
•Avoid smoking or quit; Smoking can predispose one to conditions that cause sexual related problems like erectile dysfunction
• Open communication pathway; Sometimes, all it takes is to have a partner you can open up to regarding your sexual challenge, expectations, and issues so that the anxiety can be lifted off you, and you can have an amazing experience.
• Engage in physical exercises; This promotes positive mental health, thereby relieving stress and anxiety. It is recommended by the American Heart Association and UK’s National Heart Service to do at least 150 minutes of moderate workout every week or vigorous activities that last for 75 minutes. You can initiate these measures even at home, as you don’t have to register at a gym centre. You can try other forms of exercise like skipping, walking, jogging, me even dancing. Exercises that strengthen the pelvic floor muscles also improve sexual function
• Manage chronic problems like hypertension, heart disease, kidney diseases, etc that can indirectly influence ejaculation.
• Engage in meditation and mindfulness-related activities; This will serve as a way of calming down and coping with stress.
• Consume a healthy diet; This can range from fruits and vegetables to bring about a steady blood flow. Examples include onion bananas. Foods that improve sexual function are called aphrodisiacs, while foods that cause reduced it are known as an aphrodisiac. These foods work by improving or diminishing your sexual mood.
Consume healthy fats: intake of omega-3 fatty acids can boost your cardiovascular health and improve sexual performance. Examples of foods rich in omega-3 acid include: Fatty fish like salmon, herring acids sardines Other healthy fats include nuts, avocado, seeds, and olive oil.
An example of bad food for your sexual function includes high saturated fats as it can impede blood flow by blocking the arteries that supply blood to the organs, including the penis. In addition, polyunsaturated fats, white flour, and sugar can reduce the testosterone level, and high sodium foods can cause an increase in blood pressure.
High flavonoid foods such as pepper and citrus also positively impact sexual health. Foods rich in zinc also help regulate testosterone levels. Examples include oysters and red meat. Potassium-rich foods like banana and spinach help hydrate cells and boost metabolism. Foods high in L-citrulline and L-arginine amino acid helps to maintain erection and can be found in foods like salmon, whole grains, legumes and nuts, watermelon, onions, etc.
• Consult your dentist. According to a 2013 study in The Journal of Sexual Medicine; There is a link between gum disease and risk for erectile dysfunction. Gum disease causes chronic inflammation, which can damage the endothelial cells that line blood vessels and the penis.
• Get enough sleep and rest: Sleep is another lifestyle factor influencing libido. This is because the body’s internal clock controls the secretion of hormones, and sleep patterns help the body determine when to release certain hormones related to sex. The tired feeling you get when you get into bed can dampen whatever libido sensation you may have had prior. Getting enough sleep, particularly for men, can boost testosterone as a reduced level can be linked with sexual dysfunction.
• Consult a healthcare provider if you need to; Speak out and ask for help as necessary.