4 Fast And Effect Fitness Plan for Busy Entrepreneurs
Health and Fitness Guide for Busy Entrepreneurs
Managing a busy schedule is quite a challenge for entrepreneurs. Your schedules are barely ever predictable. I know you might feel the need to work very late at night or even very early in the morning, but the need to take good care of your body surpasses all. A healthy body helps keep the mind in the best condition needed for a successful business venture. We also do not want you breaking down or falling too sick to be able to enjoy the fruit of your labor.
This article lists some easy-to-do things that will be helpful to you as an entrepreneur in need of a good health and fitness guide.
They are as follows:
Find your motivation
What exactly is your motivation? Why do you want to be fit? The question sounds silly, right? But, unfortunately, many embark on this fitness journey only to end it abruptly. The truth is, when we do not know why we do the things we do, the chances of us getting derailed become very high. So, feel free to write out your motivation: the reason why you want to be fit. Then, stick it on your fridge… yeah, so that every time you reach for the fridge handle, you’ll remember what you set out to do and why.
Now that you know why you want to keep fit, it will be easy to ask you to make certain sacrifices you can’t do without, and number one on this list is your diet. No, I’m not about to ask you to go on a diet. Instead, I’d rather you know what to eat and when to eat it. So cut out on those junks. Don’t skip your breakfast. Drink lots of water. Watch your cholesterol intake. For me, these tiny but critical things are as important, if not more, as hitting the gym.
It’s no secret how important it is for us to eat a well-balanced diet. It’s no secret that carbohydrates are essential in our everyday life; after all, the energy our bodies need is gotten from glucose from the breakdown of carbs in our bodies. But did you know that having a good portion of protein and fiber-rich meals helps to keep us full for a longer time? This translates to more workout hours before our bellies start to grumble. Proteins also help repair and build muscles… you see where I’m heading? So, before you hit the gym, try having eggs, oatmeal, and other sources of protein. A cup of milk will be nice as well. Oh… lest I forget, don’t hit the gym without having your breakfast first. You don’t want to feel lightheaded or lazy while working out. Trust me: you’ll need the energy when you hit the gym.
You can never go wrong with fruits. Fruits are so rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural fiber, things that your body can’t do without. Another important thing to note is that fruits are meager in calories and fat (things we try to burn during workouts). Nigeria is so blessed with lots of fruits, and the good thing is that they are, to a large extent, very organic.
A list of some readily available fruits in the market and their health benefits are listed below:
- Oranges: call it the king of fruits, and it will be hard to argue otherwise. Oranges are a very rich source of Vitamin C which is essential in the growth and repair of tissues in all body parts. It is also used to make skin, tendons, blood vessels, and ligaments. Imagine bruising yourself while working out and the bruise refuse to heal. It could be due to a lack of Vitamin C in your body. The good thing about oranges is that you can easily substitute your regular soda intake with them. You can never go wrong with oranges!
- Bananas: number two on the list for me are bananas. I love my bananas. I never joke with them. Every time I’m on a road trip, I make it a habit to buy bananas and eat, seeing as I am cautious about what I eat to not upset my belly. I love the feel and taste in my mouth. Yummy!
Also, Potassium and Magnesium are vital nutrients our bodies need, and I get a good compliment of them from bananas. Eating bananas also help in providing natural sugars to fuel my workout.
- Watermelon: watermelons are very readily available in the market. They contain Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which help to detoxify your body and fight free radicals in the body. Watermelon has anti-bacterial and anti-viral qualities too. I’d suggest you take watermelon in the morning to help cleanse your system and help your digestive system out too.
- Pawpaw: Papin is an enzyme that helps our bodies to prevent skin damage. It can be found in pawpaw. Hence a lot of toning creams contain it. So now you understand why they say, “yellow pawpaw.” Lol!
- Apples: those apples on your kitchen table shouldn’t be just for aesthetics, should they? Apples are energy fruits. They help to fuel and charge up the body. So you can see them as a turbo booster of some sort before working out. It is also very filling due to its high fiber content.
- Avocados: avocados are rich in fiber, healthy fats, vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, folate, and Potassium, very many nutrients in your body. The good thing about avocados is that you can make them a part of your daily meal. Just check up on the meals you can create with them, and you’d be glad you did.
Eat nuts: nuts help to stimulate the brain. They enhance cognition, memory, recall, and rest. Have you tried eating bananas with groundnuts? Remember those road trips I spoke about? Of course, my bananas have to come with the compliment of groundnuts. Other nuts to consider eating are walnuts and cashew nuts, to mention but a few.
Water: drink lots of water! Water has no substitute.
Workout: now that you’ve fixed your diet, it’s time to work out a good workout regimen. Try walking, running, jogging, cycling, swimming, lifting weights, pushups, etc. You’ll be the better for it.