TEETH WHITENING PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA
In-office whitening, dentist-grade solutions for at-home use, and over-the-counter (OTC) whiteners are all options for teeth whitening. Whitening is really safe and effective when the manufacturer’s protocol is safely followed or performed by a professional dentist. Although safe, there are still some significant risks to be aware of. Temporary tooth sensitivity and gingival inflammation are the most common adverse effects of teeth whitening.
Dark foods and beverages are significant causes of tooth staining. Examples are tea, coffee, red wine, curry powder, tomato sauce, and dark-coloured fruit. Staining can also be caused by lack of and poor dental hygiene, cavities, and infections. Some other potential causes are Trauma, Tobacco use, age, genetics, too much fluoride, some antibiotics like chlorhexidine, tetracycline, etc.
How to Whitening Your Teeth
There are a few options for safely and successfully whitening your teeth at home. The most common method is to use over-the-counter (OTC) bleaching products containing hydrogen peroxide or other bleaching chemicals.
Some whitening products are;
- Whitening mouthwash and toothpaste that can be used every day
- LED whitening kit
- Take the home tray from your dentist; this is a medication prescription
- Teeth whitening pens for on-the-go whitening.
Natural Teeth Whitening
• Brush with Baking Soda: It is noted that baking soda naturally has whitening properties, that’s why it is a popular ingredient in toothpaste. Baking soda is a mild abrasive; it scrubs away the surface stain on the teeth. In addition, it creates an alkaline environment in the mouth which prevents bacteria from growing.
This is not a tooth-whitening solution that will whiten your teeth overnight, but you should notice an increase in the appearance of your teeth over time.
To use this remedy, mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water and gently brush your teeth with the strawberry paste. You can do this a few times per week.
• Change Your Diet: Make dietary changes, and eliminate foods that stain the teeth, that is, food or beverages that contain Tannins like wine and teas that can stain the teeth. Dark Soda or coffee May stain the teeth too.
Acidic food may cause the teeth to be yellow by wearing down the enamel. Therefore, you should avoid excessive soda, citrus, and coffee, or they should brush their teeth immediately after consuming these products.
Quit smoking or taking tobacco products. This can reduce the risk of nicotine stains and prevent tooth decay and gum disease that damage the enamel.
• Oil Pulling Method: Oil pulling is a method of rinsing the mouth with oil to remove bacteria, debris, and dirt. This is not a substitute for the regular brushing of teeth. To try this method, rinse the mouth with oil for a minute after brushing and then spit it out.
Oils you can use for these methods are;
- Sunflower oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
• Using Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is mild bleach that can aid in the whitening of discoloured teeth. Brushing with a measurable mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide for 1–2 minutes twice a day for a week can help whiten teeth. Before brushing your teeth, you can use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. To avoid adverse effects, make sure you’re using a 1.5 percent or 3% solution.
Hydrogen peroxide may increase tooth sensitivity, so it is unsuitable for long-term use or for people who already have sensitive teeth.
• Using Fruit As Whitener: Papain and bromelain found mainly in pawpaw and pineapples may help teeth whitening. However, no evidence eating pineapple and pawpaw help in teeth whitening.
Strawberry also helps teeth whitening; mash strawberry, mix with baking soda and then brush your teeth.
• Proper or Good Dental Hygiene: While some tooth discolouration is caused by ageing, most of it is caused by plaque buildup. Regularly brushing and flossing your teeth can help keep your teeth white by eliminating bacteria in your mouth and preventing the ultimate buildup. Toothpaste, when used, gently rubs out stains on your teeth, and flossing removes bacteria that lead to plaque.
Regular dental cleaning may help teeth stay white and clean.
UNPROVEN NATURAL METHOD
Some of these methods may harm and damage your teeth;
- Apple cider vinegar
Teeth Whitening Products Available In Nigeria
1. New Teeth Cleansing Brightening Essence – 0.35fl; you can order online or visit the 8mg Africa website.
2. White light Advanced Laser Teeth Whitening Kit. Order on the 8mg Africa website or any online store
3. Natural Products Teeth Whitener Powder, order on 8mg Africa website or any online store.
4. Teeth Whitening and Brightening Pen.
5. Organic Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder.